Polskie Stowarzyszenie Czterokołowców - ATV Polska - Forum - Zobacz temat - YFZ 250 - NOWA Yamaha w 2008r.
Reklama1
Zobacz posty bez odpowiedzi | Zobacz aktywne tematy Obecny czas: 04.06.2024 06:47

Odpowiedz  [ 7 posty(ów) ] 
YFZ 250 - NOWA Yamaha w 2008r. 
Autor Wiadomość
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Prudnik / Opole
Quad: niet
PostWysłany: 01.06.2007 19:55 
YFZ 250 - NOWA Yamaha w 2008r.
Yamaha szykuje nowego quada - YFZ 250. Tworzy go z przeznaczeniem do startów w serii ITP QuadCross, w kategorii 91-300cc 2&4 Stroke. Zanim jednak 250tka pojawi się u dealerów, jest ciągle testowana. Według opinii zawodników biorących udział w testach nowej Yamahy wynika, że jest to świetne rozwiązanie dla początkujących, młodych zawodników jak i mniej rosłych dorosłych. YFZ 250 jest znacznie lepsza od Blastera i jest lżejsza od YFZ 450.
atvscene napisał(a):
2008 Yamaha YFZ250 -- Coming Soon to a Dealer Near You?
Although it sure does look like it, this particular YFZ250 isn't actually available at your local Yamaha dealer. At this time Yamaha has yet to produce or even comment about producing such a machine, but once we got the word that SRF Racing's Theo Lusardi was building one for his son to race in the 91-300cc 2&4 Stroke 12-15 class at the ITP QuadCross Series we just had to learn more about this crafty project.

The Engine
The project was underway when Theo ended up the winning bidder on a 2001 Yamaha YZ250F engine on Ebay. While the motor was being shipped to his home in Southern California, Theo hit the drawing board and began dissecting his 2006 Yamaha YFZ450. As soon as the 250 powerplant arrived it was put into the YFZ frame for measurement. The first thing Theo did was insert the swingarm bolt through his new motor and the YFZ frame. That would tell the whole tale. And according to Theo the story wound up being a good one.
With the swingarm bolt dictating where everything needed to go, he then created the quad's new lower mounts. After that the front and upper engine mounts were sculpted out of some scrap chromolly.
Next on the to-do-list was to change the angle of the water pump outlet and the water outlet on the engine head in order to provide enough clearance for the stock YZ250F header pipe. Once this was complete all the hoses, including those that lead to the PWR YFZ450 radiator, were matched up with optimum flow. As we said, the stock 250 header was used but not without a little tweaking. A stainless tubing sleeve was fitted to the header pipe in order to make it fit into the Dr.D tail pipe that SRF Racing had nearby.

The Chassis
Although he would have liked to use a 2006 YFZ swingarm to shed a couple more pounds from the machine, Theo ended up hand-making a swing arm to mate to the 250F powerplant and YFZ450 rear suspension. A few minor adjustments later and the chassis portion of the project was finished.

The Finished Product
With it all together and a half a tank of fuel in its belly it was time for the weigh in. The front is three pounds lighter than the rear and altogether the quad is a whopping 100 pounds less than a 450 race quad! Needless to say, Theo was extremely impressed and couldn't wait to see how his new YFZ250 performed on the track.
There's no sugarcoating it, the little 250 does lack in the torque department, but even without the 200cc difference, it really isn't that much slower than its 450 big brother. In fact, since it's 100 pounds lighter, Theo doesn't think there's much disadvantage at all. The machine is nimble and effortless to throw around. "I love it!", says Theo's son, Kevin Speer. "The 250 is so much better than a Blaster. I think I can run with 450's and 250Rs with this quad. I just wish the manufacturers would make a production quad like this."
After winning its first race, the novice class at the White Brothers Four Stroke Nationals, the little YFZ impressed quite a few people, especially since all the other entries were 450cc machines. At the next race, round three of the ITP QuadCross Series in Taft, CA, Kevin got his chance to race the quad when he entered the the 91-300cc 12-15 class. He and his sharp-looking 250 impressed once again after he led for most of the first moto. In the end he ended up with a respectable podium overall position.

The Verdict
With as many kids riding fully custom 90 and 150cc quads these days, perhaps Kevin's wish just might be around the corner. The 250 may be the perfect stepping stone for today's youth ATVer. And from the looks of this SRF YFZ250, many of them might elect to not move up to a 450 at all. What's more, this mighty little "youth" ATV just might be the perfect quad for many smaller adults as well.
Theo sums it up, "I'm really happy with the way it turned out. We're still in the testing stages right now, so there's room for improvement for sure. Maybe with a newer engine we could get a little more torque and power, but all in all it's a great little quad and I would love to see Yamaha make something like this."
Who knows perhaps the word will travel fast, make its way into Japan and we'll see a production Yamaha YFZ250 in the near future. Only time will tell.

Engine - - Specs/Manufacturer
Piston - - stock
Bore - - stock, 77.0mm
Stroke - - stock,53.6mm
CDI Box - - stock250f
Clutch - - stock250f
Exhaust - - SRF modified stock headpipe with DR.D YFZ tail ppipe
Cam - - 04 yz250f
Starter - - SRF modifieed kick
Carb - - keihin fcr-mx37
Horsepower - - 40 / stock (na nasze 36KM)
Top Speed - - 55mph
Bore & Stroke - - 77x53.6

Chassis - - Specs/Manufacturer
Frame - - SRF Modified Stock YFZ
A-arms - - SRF +2 long travel mx
Swingarm - - SRF stock length
Steering Stem - - Tag
Axle - - Team
Front Shocks - - Ohlins PRX
Rear Shock - - Ohlins PRX
Dry Weight: - - 345 (156kg)

Controlls: - - Specs/Manufacturer
Pegs - - IMS
Bars - - Tag
Clutch lever - - YFZ
Handguards - - n/a
Grips - - Tag
Throttle - - YFZ Thumb
Tether Kill Switch - - Pro Design
Shifter - - YZ250f
Brake Pedal - - YFZ stock
Steering Stabilizer - - GPR

Other: - - Specs/Manufacturer
Spindles - - stock
Hubs - - frnt: LSR, rear: Team
Gas tank - - stock
Gearing - - 13, 40
Front Bumper - - Tag
Rear Grab Bar - - 06 stock YFZ
Nerf Bars - - AC
Fuel - - 50/50 mix C12& 92 octane
Oil - - Maxima
Chain - - DID
Fenders - - stock/ SRF modified
Brakes - - Galfer
Rear Wheels - - ITP T9 Baja
Front Wheels - - ITP T9 beadlock
Rear Tires - - ITP SX
Front Tires - - ITP QuadCross

Profil Gadu-Gadu
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Jelenia Góra
Quad: AC3 4x4
PostWysłany: 01.06.2007 20:03 
Ciekawa propozycja, tylko oby cena była stosunkowo niska...

Profil Gadu-Gadu WWW
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Włocławek
Quad: CAN-AM Renegade 500 #14
Poprzednie quady: Ls Sp 300
PostWysłany: 01.06.2007 21:12 
Dawide-GP napisał(a):
Horsepower - - 40 / stock (na nasze 36KM)

niezła moc :szok: coś mi się wierzyć nie chce to raptem 250 cm3

Profil Facebook Gadu-Gadu
Awatar użytkownika

PostWysłany: 01.06.2007 21:35 
yfz250 ktorym nas uraczy Yamaha(jesli?) na pewno będzie mialo niewiele wspolnego z tym co jest na zdjeciach powyzej :uśmiech: opis jest też do quada ktorego sobie ktoś "zrobil" i mozemy podziwiac na zdjeciach stad też ta moc...
jak narazie o oficjalnej yfz250 raczej nie wiadomo nic a byla by to ciekawa propozycja dla mlodszych i mniej wymagajacych :oczy:

Profil Gadu-Gadu
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Prudnik / Opole
Quad: niet
PostWysłany: 02.06.2007 07:01 
wizi napisał(a):
(...)opis jest też do quada ktorego sobie ktoś "zrobil" i mozemy podziwiac na zdjeciach stad też ta moc...(...)

wizi, ale w specyfikacji jest podane, że to moc seryjna - stąd to "stock" przy mocy. Pewnie będzie można jeszcze powiększyć stadko koników :)

Profil Gadu-Gadu
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: b-stok
Quad: YFZ 450
PostWysłany: 02.06.2007 07:25 
Jeżeli ta moc to prawda, to będzie łykał 350cc... Ale sprzęcik zapowiada się nieźle ;)

Profil Tlen Gadu-Gadu
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Chełm
Quad: Honda TRX 450R
PostWysłany: 02.06.2007 12:15 
Czytałem ten opis jakiś czas temu. Koleś zrobił maszynę dla swojego syna który ma startować w zawodach w klasie od 90 do 300 ccm - silniczek wziął z motocykla YZ250. Maszynka ma bardzo duży potencjał, na pewno będą nas informować na tej stronie o wynikach jakie uzyskiwała. Bardzo dużo zaletą będzie na pewno jej mała waga, a rama YFZ to dobra baza startowa :)

Profil Tlen Gadu-Gadu
Wyświetl posty z poprzednich:  Sortuj według  
Odpowiedz   [ 7 posty(ów) ] 

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość